Steinberg Cubasis 3 Available For iPad & iPhone With New Upgrades
Steinberg has unveiled a Cubasis 3, its production app that allows users to make music on the go. Much like its desktop equivalent, Cubasis provides the same look and feel as Steinberg’s Cubase music software, and sports similar tools to perform, mix and share music productions, including many effects, hundreds of instrument sounds and third-party plug-in compatibility with Audio Unit, Inter-App Audio and Audiobus 3.
Previous iterations only worked on iPad, but now Cubasis 3 is compatible with iPhone. According to Steinberg, “mixer in Cubasis 3 has been revamped, now taking advantage of the entire display. It includes useful zoom modes and an eminently accurate level metering for as many tracks as are needed. Also new in Cubasis 3 are the eight rearrangeable insert and send effects. Users can add up to eight insert and eight send effects from the many already included in Cubasis or can choose to use third-party effects via Audio Unit, Inter-App Audio and Audiobus 3. The insert effects can now be placed before or after the fader.”
The app comes with a slew of new updates including the following:
- Free Cubasis 2 in-app purchase transfer to Cubasis 3.
- MIDI resolution dramatically improved with 960 pulses per quarter note.
- 75 new effects presets.
- Undo reinvented with History List.
- Redesigned instruments and effects.
- Updated audio, MIDI and automation editors.
- Improved MediaBay: Creating folders, moving files and sharing music has never been easier in Cubasis.
- Presets for user interface scalability let Cubasis fit perfectly on either the iPhone or iPad.
- Overdub and looper recording modes.
- MicroSonic now includes even more instruments.
- Easily keep visual track with vertical event coloring.
- AU MIDI effects automation.
- Micrologue ARP (IAP) automation.
- Continuing playback while performing undo, redo and more.
Cubasis 3 will cost $50 for new and existing Cubasis customers. Cubasis 2 will cost $23.99.
Cubasis has a slew of already existing features, which you can see below:
- Unlimited number of audio and MIDI tracks
- 24 assignable physical inputs and outputs
- 32-bit floating-point audio engine
- Audio I/O resolution of up to 24-bit/96 kHz
- Real-time time-stretching and pitch-shifting featuring zplane’s élastique 3
- Micrologue virtual analog synthesizer with 126 ready-to-go presets
- MicroSonic with over 120 virtual instrument sounds
- MiniSampler to create your own instruments (includes 20 factory instruments)
- Mixer with studio-grade channel strip per track and 17 effects processors
- Fully automatable DJ-like Spin FX effect plug-in
- Over 550 MIDI and time-stretch-capable audio loops
- Virtual keyboard, chord and drum pads with intuitive note repeat
- Audio editor and MIDI editor with MIDI CC support
- MIDI editor for programming and editing MIDI tracks quickly and efficiently
- MIDI auto quantize
- Track duplicate
- Automation, MIDI CC, program change and aftertouch support
- Core Audio and MIDI-compatible hardware supported
- MIDI over Bluetooth LE support
- Load favorite third-party instruments and effects plug-ins via Audio Unit, Audio Unit MIDI, Inter-App Audio and Audiobus 3
- Import audio via iTunes, iCloud Drive, Files app, AirDrop or use AudioPaste
- MIDI clock and MIDI thru support
- Export to Cubase, iCloud Drive, external hard drives, wireless flash drives, Dropbox, AudioCopy and email