This year WMC has teamed up with Guitar Center and some of our favorite labels and gear companies to give new artists a chance to not only get heard but potentially signed to a label deal and win an incredible prize package to beef up your studio.
WMC will be hosting four panels covering House, Techno, Bass, and Dance with top A&R executives that will listen to, critique, and potentially sign one or all of our three finalists.
Phase 1 – Open Submissions (1/24/20 – 2/20/20)
- Submissions are now closed
Phase 2 – Finalist Notification (2/25)
- Three finalists per genre will be notified via email that you have been selected for the final review process. All finalists will receive a pair of Access Badges to WMC so that they may attend the panel if you are able, your attendance is not required to win the final prize package or get signed.
Phase 3 – Signed On The Spot Panel Critique (3/17 and 3/18)
- Panelists will listen to all three tracks and offer a quick critique of each for our live audience. After all three tracks are played, our panel will cast a vote for their favorite and decide if they want to make offers to any of the finalists to be signed to their label. There will be one winner per genre chosen.
Label Partners: Anjunadeep, Big Beat Records, Deadbeats, Dim Mak, Dirtybird, Erase Records, Sunclock Records, Nervous, Ovum, Revealed Recordings and more TBD
Prize Package: One grand prize winner per genre will Receive
- Guitar Center Gift Card
- Pioneer DJ – TORAIZ AS-1 Synth
- Novation – Launchpad Mini MK3
- Scarlett Solo – Audio interface
- iZotope – Ozone Standard
- Arturia – KeyLab Essential 49 (White)
- All Signed On The Spot Entrants Must Be At Least 18 Years Old
- Entries submitted should be no longer than 4 minutes in length. Since most songs generally exceed this length, please either select the best 4 minutes or create an abbreviated edit for your submission.
- Submitted Tracks Must Be Original, Unsigned, And Properly Credited
- Submitted Tracks May Not Use Uncleared Samples Of Any Kind, No Bootlegs or Remixes Will Be Accepted
- Tracks Must Fall Into One Of Our Four Genre Categories: House, Techno, Bass or Dance