Senior Client Manager
With nearly 30 years in the electronic dance music space, Peter Wohelski is not only a pioneer and an innovator, but a jack of all trades. From humble beginnings as a radio, club and underground party DJ and founder of the influential early 90’s central Florida ravezine Trip Magazeen to career defining highlights including as Director of A&R at US electronica powerhouse label Astralwerks, General Manager for Detroit Techno legend Carl Craig’s seminal Planet E Communications imprint, and longtime Account Manager at Beatport, Peter has witnessed first-hand the ups, downs and resurgence of electronic dance music into American culture like few others in this industry.
With time spent running labels big and small, overseeing the execution of marketing and promotion plans for major artists such as The Chemical Brothers, influencing the direction of such independent label success stories Black Hole Recordings, Crosstown Rebels, and Soma Recordings as part of K7’s physical distributor Studio Distribution in the early 00’s, then part of the rise a, US-based A&R for esteemed German distribution house finetunes GmbH (now part of The Orchard) and currently Senior Client Manager / Electronic Genre Specialist for Symphonic Distribution, Peter’s deep level of experience lends a unique wide angle view and perspective on how to succeed in today’s oversaturated and challenging music marketplace.
• Founder – Trip Magazeen (1992 – 1995)
• Director of A&R – Astralwerks (1995 – 1999)
• GM, Planet E Communications (1999 – 2001)
• Publicist / Mix Show Promotions / Club Promotions, Green Galactic (2001 – 2003)
• Senior Label Manager, Studio Distribution (2003 – 2006)
• Marketing Manager, Gemini Sound Products (2006 – 2007)
• Account Manager, Beatport (2008 – 2016)
• US A&R Manager, finetunes (2016 – 2018)
• Senior Client Manager, Symphonic Distribution (2018 – Present)