DJ SPIN OFF
WMC 2013 DJ Spin-Off presented with Smirnoff's Master of the Mix
The WMC 2013 DJ Spin-Off will be presented with Smirnoff’s Master of the Mix, reality TV series airing on VH1. Join us as DJs from all over the world mix and scratch their way to the top. Judged by Master of the Mix celebrity judges Kid Capri & Rich Medina with a celebrity host, promises to be a highlight of the WMC week. The competition will take place over 2 days, with Beat Matching & Scratching categories. Judges will decide who has what it takes to own first place in each category. If you are a DJ who thinks you can put up some weight, a label head scouting new talent, or a fan of DJ Competitions, join us for the WMC 2013 DJ Spin-off presented with Master of the Mix where you can truly witness the Art of the DJ.
Entry Deadline: February 15, 2013
Contestants will bring the following:
- Laptops, CDs or vinyl containing music for the DJ spinoff
- Headphones, needles & slipmats
WMC will provide the following equipment (there will be 2 identical set ups):
- 1 x Pioneer DJM800 Mixer
- 2 x CDJ1000MK3s
- 2 x Technics 1200s
- 1 x Rane SL3 Serato Box
The competition will proceed as follows:
- DJs will submit their completed entry forms, entry fee & demos for review by Kid Capri & the Master of the Mix panel. (5 minute demo for Beatmatching, 2 minute demo for Scratching)
- 12 contestants will be selected to participate in EACH category
- All contestants will have 5 minutes to perform at the Beatmatching contest and 3 minutes at the Scratching contest.
- 2 finalists will be selected by the judges for EACH category
- Each finalist will have 5 minutes for Beatmatching & 3 minutes for Scratching
All contestants will be evaluated by a panel of 3 judges. Beat Matching judges will be Kid Capri, Rich Medina and DJ Serafin. Scratching judges will be Kid Capri, Rich Medina and DJ Immortal.
First place prize: Pioneer DJM-T1 Mixer.
All contestants are required to check in 1 hour before the DJ Spin-off begins.
Check in will be at the Miami Beach Convention Center Hall A registration area on Monday, March 18th at 1pm for the Beatmatching contest.
Check in will be at the Miami Beach Convention Center Hall A registration area on Tuesday, March 19th at 2pm for the Scratching contest.
The winner will be announced by Master Judge Kid Capri
Guidelines for entry:
• All entries must include a completed application form, non-refundable entry fee of $50.00,
bio, and demo.
• DJs may enter both Beat Matching + Scratching competitions.
• Demo's must be no longer than 5 minutes in length and must be
reflective of the DJs prospective performance.
• Submissions are subject to approval.
• Demo material submitted will become the property of WMC
and will not be returned.
• No submissions will be reviewed after the deadline date.
No last minute entries or substitutes are allowed.
• All judges' decisions are final.
• DJs must bring their own headphones, needles, vinyl and slipmats to the competition.
Send submissions to:
Winter Music Conference
3450 NE 12th Terrace,
Fort Lauderdale , FL 33334
ATTN: DJ Spin-off
For any additional inquiries email: email@example.com
AREAS OF COMPETITION
Beat Matching (5 Minutes)
Scratching (3 Minutes)
2. Technical Abilities
5. Timing (cuts/beats)
Congratulations to the winners of the WMC 2013 DJ Spin-Off. Thanks to everyone who competed, judged and participated.
|Beat Matching :||Scratching :|
|1st Place - DJ Ease (NY)||1st Place - DJ Ease (NY)|
|2nd Place - DJ Taboo (TX)||2nd Place - DJ Decoy (NY)|